POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Beta 2 MegaPOV UB (Intel, G5, G4 and G3) available Server Time
19 Apr 2024 17:58:35 EDT (-0400)
  Beta 2 MegaPOV UB (Intel, G5, G4 and G3) available (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Yvo Smellenbergh
Subject: Beta 2 MegaPOV UB (Intel, G5, G4 and G3) available
Date: 18 Apr 2006 13:21:27
Message: <1he07xc.pyj0zkjt19fkN%yvo.s@gmx.net>
System requirements:
- Mac OS 10.3.9 or later
- Macintosh with an Intel, G5, G4 or G3 CPU

Beta 2 is now available at:
http://megapov.inetart.net/beta.html
Please choose the right archive.

Bug reports and feedback to:
yvo### [at] gmxnet
sme### [at] skynetbe

-----------------------------------
MegaPOV at:  http://megapov.inetart.net
MacMegaPOV at:  http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh
E-mail: yvo### [at] gmxnet

Post a reply to this message

From: kurtz le pirate
Subject: Re: Beta 2 MegaPOV UB (Intel, G5, G4 and G3) available
Date: 21 Apr 2006 11:57:23
Message: <kurtzlepirate-C2A5A9.17572321042006@news.povray.org>
In article <1he07xc.pyj0zkjt19fkN%yvo.s@gmx.net>,
 yvo### [at] gmxnet (Yvo Smellenbergh) wrote:

> System requirements:
> - Mac OS 10.3.9 or later
> - Macintosh with an Intel, G5, G4 or G3 CPU
>
> Beta 2 is now available at:
> http://megapov.inetart.net/beta.html
> Please choose the right archive.

which are the improvement compared to the previous 1.21 version ?
just "ub" or others greats things ?

thanks

--
klp

Post a reply to this message

From: Yvo Smellenbergh
Date: 21 Apr 2006 13:34:50
Message: <1he5shw.1rerx4u16jaybcN%yvo.s@gmx.net>
kurtz le pirate <kur### [at] yahoofr> wrote:
> > Beta 2 is now available at:
> > http://megapov.inetart.net/beta.html
> > Please choose the right archive.
>
> which are the improvement compared to the previous 1.21 version ?
> just "ub" or others greats things ?

UB is not the main thing, just a little extra but important if you own
an Intel Mac and... if you own an Intel iMac this version runs a lot
faster than on a G5 iMac (people reported, I can not compare I don't own
an Intel based Mac :-(.

It is a complete rewrite using the Cocoa framework and it runs faster.
Especially on a G5 you should see an improvement.
The editor has improved a lot, a much better syntax highlighting.

After a while we will discontinue the older versions and replace them
with this new version.

So, if you use MegaPOV then you should try this version and report all
bugs.

We strongly recommend using this version if you are running system
10.3.9 or later.

yvo

--
-----------------------------------
MegaPOV at:  http://megapov.inetart.net
MacMegaPOV at:  http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh
E-mail: yvo### [at] gmxnet

Post a reply to this message

 yvo### [at] gmxnet (Yvo Smellenbergh) wrote:

> It is a complete rewrite using the Cocoa framework and it runs faster.
> Especially on a G5 you should see an improvement.

i have made some tests (on iMacG5/1.8GHz/1Go) with standard scenes. new
version is about 10% faster previous one.

:)

--
klp