POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : POVMan 0.71 available for MAC (carbon) [WAS Call for Mac programmers] Server Time
18 May 2024 07:04:51 EDT (-0400)
  POVMan 0.71 available for MAC (carbon) [WAS Call for Mac programmers] (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Smellenbergh
Subject: POVMan 0.71 available for MAC (carbon) [WAS Call for Mac programmers]
Date: 17 Jun 2001 14:05:20
Message: <1ev5w3e.t0fj6c1q0s0zkN%smellenbergh@skynet.be>
Vahur Krouverk <vkr### [at] comtradeee> wrote:

Well, I have compiled a version for Macintosh. It should run under 8.6
or later with carbonlib. So, if you run it under the classic
environment, you must make sure to have the Carbonlib 1.3 or later
installed. It should also run under MacOS X (but not tested).

I did not compare files, I simply used the files for 0.71 and compiled
them (after some minor changes to make my c++ compiler eat them).

I made a little archive with the two compiles:
* POVMan/MegaPOV Carb 0.71 this is the rendering engine
* povslc this is the compiler.
I added a litte readme to get you started.

One note: I could not render the demo brick, the result wasn't good. The
scene anisotrop would not compile with povslc. Looks like there is an
error on line 4? Anyone??? I used the window sources and docs to start
with.

You can find the archive at:
http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh/povman.sit

Please let me know how things work!

Yvo Smellenbergh

e-mail:sme### [at] skynetbe

http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh

> Hello!
>
> I received today mail, where one person was interested in Mac version of
> POVMan (POVMan is patched version of MegaPov, which adds support for
> renderman shading language in object pigments and contains cloth patch
> from Christophe Bouffartigue). I personally don't have access to Mac and
> I have no experience in this platform, so
> is there someone with experience in programming and helpful enough to
> compile POVMan for Mac?
> I guess, that if everything wents OK, then it shouldn't be more than
> setting up environment and recompilation (although I know nil about Mac
> and it is always possible, that something non-portable will pop out).
> If someone is interested, then please contact me or respond to this
> message.
>
> Couple of questions to start with:
> Shading language source code uses lex and yacc, is there according tools
> for Mac platform (I guess that at least gnu versions, flex and bison,
> should be available?) If not, then it is probably possible to generate C
> source code on another platform (Linux, e.g.) and convert there files to
> Mac format. I've done similar thing for Windows version, so in theory it
> works.
> Are there issues between different MacOS versions? I.e. should the
> compilation be made for specific OS version or could executable be run
> on any version? Unfortunately I don't know, which version person, who
> requested this, uses...
>
> TIA
> Vahur Krouverk

Post a reply to this message