POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : MegaPov 0.4 Now Available (Windows/Macintosh) Server Time
1 Jun 2024 21:08:58 EDT (-0400)
  MegaPov 0.4 Now Available (Windows/Macintosh) (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: smellenbergh
Subject: MegaPov 0.4 Now Available (Windows/Macintosh)
Date: 30 Jan 2000 11:33:10
Message: <1e589wt.1fbph7bq1ekdqN%smellenbergh@skynet.be>
MegaPov 0.4 is ready for downloading.

You can find Nathan's Windows version at (this is not the usual place!):
ftp://ftp.povray.org/pub/povray/Unofficial/MegaPOV/

The Macintosh version at the usual site:
http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh

Please note that the demos are not available yet, we will make a small package
available later today
or tomorrow.
Please read the docs because there are quite a few changes in the syntax.

Bug fixes in this version:
   *Faster macro's (by Burton Radons).
   *Photons has an easier syntax now.
   *Changed syntax of bounded_by and clipped_by in isosurface.
   *Fixed the normal bugfix once more .
   *Fixed default{} bug.
   *Faster rendering of mesh and mesh2.
   *Fixed bug with metallic.
   *Updated statistics output for photons, motion_blur, and post-processing.

New in this version:
   *Blinn "microfacet" highlights .
   *Post processing (focal_blur, depth, soft_glow) is now possible with MegaPov.
   *Changes in radiosity (load/save file, pretrace_start/end).
   *Changed 'smooth_color_triangle' syntax for more versatile triangle texture
interpolation.
   *Chris Huff's blob pattern, proximity pattern, evaluate pigment/pattern, noise3d.
   *Array support for integrated i_dat_3d libraries by David Sharp.
   *Added hyperbolic trig functions, complex functions (David Sharp).
   *Added ridgedmf, heteromf, hex_x and hex_y to the integrated isosurface functions.
   *Added date, timer and tick functions to be used in in the scene source.
   *Added wavelength-dependance to fresnel reflectivity (uses dispersion properties,
for producing
realistic metals).

Greatings from Nathan on the road to sunshine and Smellenbergh*2 looking at the rain
:-)

--
e-mail:sme### [at] skynetbe

http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh