POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : POV-Ray 3.1e Unofficial PowerPC/68K Update Available (Includes isosurface patch) Server Time
26 Jun 2024 13:01:45 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray 3.1e Unofficial PowerPC/68K Update Available (Includes isosurface patch) (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: smellenbergh
Subject: POV-Ray 3.1e Unofficial PowerPC/68K Update Available (Includes isosurface patch)
Date: 1 May 1999 07:47:28
Message: <1dr35hy.ne7q2k1qfsjqkN@[194.78.230.17]>
Hi,

Our update of POV-RayUnofficial 3.1e APR 30 1999 is now available on our
home page.

Main features/improvements:

*       Added the isosurface patch of Mr. Suzuki. Most of the functions
are build-in and don't need for a shared lib.
In fact: for the 68k versions you can only use the build-in functions,
no libs are available.
The PowerPC version can use shared libs. They are included in the
archive. However, the main functions are also build-in,so you can choose
to use the the libs if you prefer so.

NOTE:   The isosurface patch is included but it is not our job to
provide a manual for it. It looks like it's very hard to find enough
info on the iso-patch. However, we tried to make some basic manual and
we included it in the archive. Please, if it is not clear enough refer
to this newsgroup or try contacting Mr Suzuki. The patch is not new and
there are quite a few people on this newsgroup who could help you.
We can always build libs for you if you have the c-sources. But keep in
mind that external libs are only possible for the PowerPC version and we
will *not* support them for the 68k versions.

*       The spline editor has been improved and can be called from the
MultiCopy template now.

*       Also new is the possibility to use the clock in combination with
the MultiCopy splines. Move an object or camera along a spline or create
non-linear clock progress.

*       The 68k versions should run quite stable now. We fixed a few
major bugs in those versions.

*       Naturally, the rendering engine is upgraded from 3.1a to 3.1e!

*       Please visite our home page for more info on bug fixes etc.

*       Sources are not yet available, no time and it could very well be
that they are not ready until the update 3.1f is released. Sorry! (Well,
looks like most of you are only interested in the executables)

Enjoy our unofficial compile of POV-Ray,

Smellenbergh.

--
e-mail:sme### [at] skynetbe

http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh