POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Lets get things started Server Time
26 Jun 2024 13:01:58 EDT (-0400)
  Lets get things started (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: smellenbergh
Subject: Lets get things started
Date: 5 Apr 1999 04:40:19
Message: <1dprftf.1k0fyhd1hin8lmN@dialup54.leuven.skynet.be>
Hello to all you Macintosh POV-Ray users,

Well, looks like we finally got a group for the Macitosh POV-Ray users.
Not too soon we should think.

No need in bothering other groups with Mac specific issues and we don't
want to be bothered with their specific problems.
This does not mean we are not interested in their platform specific
issues. If we can help, we will, as we have received help from them in
the past. (eg. dispersion patch,..)
Only full cooperation will keep us on the right way! And we must say
that it was fun to receive the help we got from Darren and Mike to get
the dispersion patch going for our unofficial compile! Thanks again to
both of them!!!!!!

Since this group stays empty, why don't we just break the ice by
telling who we are and how we use POV-Ray.
Might be the begining of a usefull help for all you Mac-POV-Ray-addicts.

For us it's quite simple.
We started to use POV-Ray on our old Atari, there wasn't much of a
POV-Ray compile for it,  where each rendering took a few
days/weeks/months, and since then we moved on to the Mac.
Because we already made a custom compile for the Atari (only for us), we
kept going on for the Macintosh.
We now provide a public unofficial compile for PowerPC and 68k Mac's.
Because of that, we don't have much time to realy render images but we
do hope to start again soon.

However, the response we get and the example scenes we receive makes up
for this and keeps us going on.

We enjoy all the work of the POV-Ray Team and added something extra to
it by making available a few third party patches for our platform.
Yeeeehhhh, those patches should not be for Windows/DOS/UNIX only!
We do realise we only made a few of them available but this is only a
mather of time. Not only is the POV-Ray Team planning to include them in
there 3.5 release, we might also keep on adding them untill the POV-Ray
Team does.

We carefully watch this newsserver, picking up all we can.
We do not mix in the messages personally (often :-) ), simply because it
would take up to much time, time we prefer to spend in developing our
unofficial compile.

Ok, all you Mac users, let us know who you are, how many of you there
are and how you use POV-Ray.
What are your needs, what are your skills.
And keep in mind that the POV-Ray Team is reading too. All your wishes
will be noted by them too (dont't hold back)!  :-) ;-)

Nice meetig you,

Yvo & Rene Smellenbergh

--
e-mail:sme### [at] skynetbe