POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.international : help - I'm looking for model of ideal cut brilliant for povray of course Server Time
16 Apr 2024 16:01:44 EDT (-0400)
  help - I'm looking for model of ideal cut brilliant for povray of course (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: netteria net
Subject: help - I'm looking for model of ideal cut brilliant for povray of course
Date: 15 Apr 2006 14:21:17
Message: <4441399d$1@news.povray.org>
Hello

I'm looking for brilliant model. Like as here
http://www.andrzejbaranowski.pl/diamenty_pliki/eulitz.gif
I needs the model with ideal ratio:(

regards
Slawek

Post a reply to this message

From: PM 2Ring
Subject: Re: help - I'm looking for model of ideal cut brilliant for povray of cours=
Date: 27 Apr 2006 13:15:00
Message: <web.4450fa967afb3cfc76ba2c900@news.povray.org>
"netteria.net" <gru### [at] vppl> wrote:
> Hello

This message would have got more response in pov.general... and your English
is clear enough. :)

> I'm looking for brilliant model. Like as here
> http://www.andrzejbaranowski.pl/diamenty_pliki/eulitz.gif
> I needs the model with ideal ratio:(
>
> regards
> Slawek

Sadly, there is no perfect ratio; there will always be compromises. I posted
an .inc file for Tolkowsky's Brilliant cut diamond here, almost a year ago.
Actually, a few other diamonds were posted April-June last year in p.b.i.
Use the Google site search to find them.

Here's a link to my brilliant.inc

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/message/%3Cweb.42557cb6cc332c023d6ca37a0%40news.povray.org%3E/

Or, if you prefer, http://tinyurl.com/zhxd2

I built it after reading this:

http://www.folds.net/diamond_design/index.html ,which contains the complete
text of Tolkowsky's 1919 classic groundbreaking work.

Beware of raytracing diamonds. They will suck all the power out of your CPU.
:) Keep max_trace_level as high as you can afford, use severe antialiasing,
and lots of photons and dispersion_samples. Have fun!