POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3-D printing via 3D SLICER app-- step by step Server Time
17 May 2024 17:57:23 EDT (-0400)
  3-D printing via 3D SLICER app-- step by step (Message 11 to 20 of 30)
From: Kenneth
Subject: Re: 3-D printing via 3D SLICER app-- step by step
Date: 6 Apr 2024 10:05:00
Message: <web.661155cbd4c4570a91c33a706e066e29@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> In some ways, I feel that this entire object-slicing-to-3D-SLICER idea is just
> an interim step to the POV-ray 3-D printing problem... waiting for some clever
> fellow to take the image-slices and instead create a triangle mesh (and .stl
> file) *directly* from the image pixels.

Well, from the image pixels on the 'outer surfaces' of the white-on-black
slices, the pixels at the outer edges of the object. Possibly using eval_pigment
and a tracing loop, to somehow get all of those pixel positions-- and just
those-- as well as on inner holes and enclosures. I have some half-formed
ideas...

Post a reply to this message