POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Does POV not use Intel's "performance" cores? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 18:20:16 EDT (-0400)
  Does POV not use Intel's "performance" cores? (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Alain Martel
Subject: Re: Does POV not use Intel's "performance" cores?
Date: 22 Oct 2022 09:04:09
Message: <6353ea49$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2022-10-21 à 14:49, kagehi.k a écrit :

> BTW... Anyone know what Mozilla screwed up in the latest Thunderbird? This is
> the first post I made in a while and had to make it on the website, because
> Thunderbird kept filling in the fields for "reply to" and "newgroup" as "Scott
> <spam&spam>" and "-blank-"... Frustrating...

Also using the latest Thunderbird, and I don't have any issue resembling
what you describe when using «reply to group».

From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 22 Oct 2022 11:58:41
Message: <63541331$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/22/2022 6:04 AM, Alain Martel wrote:
> Le 2022-10-21 à 14:49, kagehi.k a écrit :
>
>> BTW... Anyone know what Mozilla screwed up in the latest Thunderbird?
>> This is
>> the first post I made in a while and had to make it on the website,
>> because
>> Thunderbird kept filling in the fields for "reply to" and "newgroup"
>> as "Scott
>> <spam&spam>" and "-blank-"... Frustrating...
>>
> Also using the latest Thunderbird, and I don't have any issue resembling
> what you describe when using «reply to group».
Ah, well.. That is the rub. Its not showing as "reply to group", its
showing as "reply", then "followup", etc. Seems that, for some reason,
my copy is using the first one as "reply to the sender", and since the
sender's email isn't valid/given by the group, for direct replies, its
entering an invalid result.

Just means I have to remember to use the right button. Shrug.. No idea
why its showing the buttons the way they are, but seems like there is no
setting any place to change it either. Weird...

--
Commander Vimes: "You take a bunch of people who don't seem any
different from you and me, but when you add them all together you get

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 23 Oct 2022 02:37:50
Message: <6354e13e$1@news.povray.org>
Op 22/10/2022 om 17:58 schreef Patrick Elliott:
> On 10/22/2022 6:04 AM, Alain Martel wrote:
>> Le 2022-10-21 à 14:49, kagehi.k a écrit :
>>
>>> BTW... Anyone know what Mozilla screwed up in the latest Thunderbird?
>>> This is
>>> the first post I made in a while and had to make it on the website,
>>> because
>>> Thunderbird kept filling in the fields for "reply to" and "newgroup"
>>> as "Scott
>>> <spam&spam>" and "-blank-"... Frustrating...
>>>
>> Also using the latest Thunderbird, and I don't have any issue
>> resembling what you describe when using «reply to group».
> Ah, well.. That is the rub. Its not showing as "reply to group", its
> showing as "reply", then "followup", etc. Seems that, for some reason,
> my copy is using the first one as "reply to the sender", and since the
> sender's email isn't valid/given by the group, for direct replies, its
> entering an invalid result.
>
> Just means I have to remember to use the right button. Shrug.. No idea
> why its showing the buttons the way they are, but seems like there is no
> setting any place to change it either. Weird...

afaik, this has been the case for several years now. If I hover over the
first button it says (translated from my Dutch version of Thunderbird):
"reply to sender of this message"; over the next button it says: "place
a comment in this newsgroup". I make the same mistake from time to time.
Of course, that second button is not available when not reading
newsgroup messages in Thunderbird.

--
Thomas