POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray for Android Server Time
19 Apr 2024 10:04:35 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray for Android (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Bill Pragnell
Subject: Re: POV-Ray for Android
Date: 22 Jun 2021 15:50:00
Message: <web.60d23e1519807c8ab96893c06f35e431@news.povray.org>
Errata:
The prebuild.sh and configure steps should of course be preceded by ./ not ../
!

Post a reply to this message

From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 22 Jun 2021 16:10:00
Message: <web.60d2429f19807c8ab96893c06f35e431@news.povray.org>
Further exploits (in case anyone's still reading) I also compiled UberPOV on my
phone today. This was slightly more troublesome, since UberPOV is based on an
older 3.7 release, and some of boost has since been absorbed by stdlib.

Firstly, I had to point configure at the boost location using --with-boost.
Then, replace the boost memory and type_traits includes with the std versions
(<memory> and <type_traits>, unsurprisingly), and remove 'tr1' from all the
namespace qualifiers.
Finally, something about IOStreams is out of whack, and the returned IOStream&
can't be compared to bool. Replacing [== false] with ! in a few .cpp files seems
to fix this.

The boost and == issues are currently the same for any Unix build of UberPOV;
this is exactly what I had to do a couple of years ago when I built it on my
real Linux box.

Bill