POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Github repository with useful macros Server Time
28 Mar 2024 15:34:09 EDT (-0400)
  Github repository with useful macros (Message 1 to 10 of 41)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Subject: Github repository with useful macros
Date: 16 May 2021 12:15:00
Message: <web.60a143e3bfdf59778e52cc8789db30a9@news.povray.org>
I have now created a new Github repository with POV-Ray macros that I think is
useful.

https://github.com/t-o-k/Useful-POV-Ray-macros

The vectors.inc file contains these vector related macros:

ScalarTripleProduct()
VectorTripleProduct()
VectorCos()
VectorSin()
AngleBetweenVectors()  <--  VAngle() in math.inc
AccurateAngleBetweenVectors()
ScalarProject()
VectorProject()  <--  VProject_Axis() in math.inc
ScalarReject()
VectorReject()  <--  VProject_Plane() in math.inc
OrthogonalVector()  <--  VPerp_To_Vector() in math.inc
AltOrthogonalVector()
VectorAxisRotate()  <--  Built in vaxis_rotate()
VectorReorient()
VectorTransform()  <--  vtransform() in vtransforms.inc
VectorInverseTransform()  <--  vinv_transform() in vtransforms.inc
MatrixTransform()  <--  Matrix_Trans() in transforms.inc
AxisRotateTransform()  <--  Axis_Rotate_Trans() in transforms.inc
ReorientTransform()  <--  Reorient_Trans() in transforms.inc

At the moment the macros are made for POV-Ray v3.7,
but they should also work in v3.8.

There are links to relevant Wikipedia articles in the file.

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com

Post a reply to this message

Tor Olav Kristensen wrote on 16/05/2021 18:10:

> I have now created a new Github repository with POV-Ray macros that I think is
> useful.
>
> https://github.com/t-o-k/Useful-POV-Ray-macros
>
> The vectors.inc file contains these vector related macros:

[...]
> At the moment the macros are made for POV-Ray v3.7,
> but they should also work in v3.8.
>
> There are links to relevant Wikipedia articles in the file.
>
> --
> Tor Olav
> http://subcube.com
> https://github.com/t-o-k

Thank you, useful and practical to use.

Paolo

Post a reply to this message

Should the POV-Ray links pages be moved to the wiki?

Mike

On 5/16/2021 12:10 PM, Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

> I have now created a new Github repository with POV-Ray macros that I think is
> useful.
>
> https://github.com/t-o-k/Useful-POV-Ray-macros
>
> The vectors.inc file contains these vector related macros:
>
> ScalarTripleProduct()
> VectorTripleProduct()
> VectorCos()
> VectorSin()
> AngleBetweenVectors()  <--  VAngle() in math.inc
> AccurateAngleBetweenVectors()
> ScalarProject()
> VectorProject()  <--  VProject_Axis() in math.inc
> ScalarReject()
> VectorReject()  <--  VProject_Plane() in math.inc
> OrthogonalVector()  <--  VPerp_To_Vector() in math.inc
> AltOrthogonalVector()
> VectorAxisRotate()  <--  Built in vaxis_rotate()
> VectorReorient()
> VectorTransform()  <--  vtransform() in vtransforms.inc
> VectorInverseTransform()  <--  vinv_transform() in vtransforms.inc
> MatrixTransform()  <--  Matrix_Trans() in transforms.inc
> AxisRotateTransform()  <--  Axis_Rotate_Trans() in transforms.inc
> ReorientTransform()  <--  Reorient_Trans() in transforms.inc
>
> At the moment the macros are made for POV-Ray v3.7,
> but they should also work in v3.8.
>
> There are links to relevant Wikipedia articles in the file.
>
> --
> Tor Olav
> http://subcube.com
> https://github.com/t-o-k