POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Looking to hire a povray consultant - prob 10/20 hours of work to start Server Time
29 Mar 2024 01:42:19 EDT (-0400)
  Looking to hire a povray consultant - prob 10/20 hours of work to start (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: PovRayNewb85
Subject: Looking to hire a povray consultant - prob 10/20 hours of work to start
Date: 17 Aug 2020 03:05:00
Message: <web.5f3a2bddc9cbec9c3cc0892f0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

We are looking to hire a povray consultant for a small piece of work. Probably
10-20 hours of work for experienced povray user.

Job Context: We are aware of a modified version on PovRay called RaySAR
(https://github.com/StefanJAuer/RaySAR/releases).

We are looking at replicating the work done in the RaySAR project to be a proof
of concept about an internal project.

Job Tasks

(a) Get RaySAR up and running in Windows. This will include building the project
(as PovRay) and then making the modifications to convert it into Raysar.

It works fine in Ubuntu (got this running) but we need to replicate it in
Windows (i.e. visual studio).

(b) Once up and running, we need a few objects simulated with RaySAR. We will
use these simulations to assess the approach for our internal project.

So find/provide high quality cad models for a real world ship, convert these to
*.pov files (this is where we need help) and then simulate these in RaySAR.

Notes

We don't have a great deal of experience with ray tracers so the assistance is
super appreciated.

If we have to pay for the high quality CAD, to convert to .pov files, happy to
do so + will listen on best sources.

@ mods - if this is not the right place to post a job at, please let me know.
Also, if you know someone who is happy to make a little bit of money for this
job, be appreciated if you could point them in my direction.

Please feel free to send me an email tat### [at] wisenetwork - thank you very much to
the community.

Tat

Post a reply to this message

"PovRayNewb85" <tat### [at] wisenetwork> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are looking to hire a povray consultant for a small piece of work. Probably
> 10-20 hours of work for experienced povray user.
>

> Job Context: We are aware of a modified version on PovRay called RaySAR
> (https://github.com/StefanJAuer/RaySAR/releases).
>
> We are looking at replicating the work done in the RaySAR project to be a proof
> of concept about an internal project.
>

> Job Tasks
>
> (a) Get RaySAR up and running in Windows. This will include building the project
> (as PovRay) and then making the modifications to convert it into Raysar.
>
> It works fine in Ubuntu (got this running) but we need to replicate it in
> Windows (i.e. visual studio).
>
> (b) Once up and running, we need a few objects simulated with RaySAR. We will
> use these simulations to assess the approach for our internal project.
>
> So find/provide high quality cad models for a real world ship, convert these to
> *.pov files (this is where we need help) and then simulate these in RaySAR.
>

> Notes
>
> We don't have a great deal of experience with ray tracers so the assistance is
> super appreciated.
>
> If we have to pay for the high quality CAD, to convert to .pov files, happy to
> do so + will listen on best sources.
>
> @ mods - if this is not the right place to post a job at, please let me know.
> Also, if you know someone who is happy to make a little bit of money for this
> job, be appreciated if you could point them in my direction.
>
> Please feel free to send me an email tat### [at] wisenetwork - thank you very much to
> the community.
>
> Tat

Hi All,

We have found a really good PovRay consultant. Thank you very much to this
community for the kind of support you guys provide. Thanks so much.

Tat