POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Benchmark on ARM Wandboard Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:24:01 EDT (-0400)
  Benchmark on ARM Wandboard (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: def gsus-
Subject: Benchmark on ARM Wandboard
Date: 7 Dec 2013 07:50:01
Message: <web.52a3189b49c7717e59f6305e0@news.povray.org>
Just for your interest, here's the result of the Povray 3.7.0 benchmark on a
tiny ARM device:

CPU: Freescale i.MX6 Quad Cortex-A9 1.2GHz, 1MB L2-Cache, 2 GB RAM
(http://www.wandboard.org)

Render Time:
  Photon Time:      0 hours  0 minutes 21 seconds (21.670 seconds)
              using 7 thread(s) with 24.824 CPU-seconds total
  Radiosity Time:   No radiosity
  Trace Time:       0 hours 43 minutes 32 seconds (2612.173 seconds)
              using 4 thread(s) with 10411.503 CPU-seconds total
                    CPU vs. elapsed time ratio: 3.986 !!!

It takes forever, but at a steady power consumption of about 5 Watts ;)
Btw. compilation of Povray took about 10 minutes with make -j4

Post a reply to this message

Am 07.12.2013 13:46, schrieb def.gsus- <berke <bei> cymatrix:
> Just for your interest, here's the result of the Povray 3.7.0 benchmark on a
> tiny ARM device:
>
> CPU: Freescale i.MX6 Quad Cortex-A9 1.2GHz, 1MB L2-Cache, 2 GB RAM
> (http://www.wandboard.org)

> Render Time:
>    Photon Time:      0 hours  0 minutes 21 seconds (21.670 seconds)
>                using 7 thread(s) with 24.824 CPU-seconds total
>    Radiosity Time:   No radiosity
>    Trace Time:       0 hours 43 minutes 32 seconds (2612.173 seconds)
>                using 4 thread(s) with 10411.503 CPU-seconds total
>                      CPU vs. elapsed time ratio: 3.986 !!!
>
> It takes forever, but at a steady power consumption of about 5 Watts ;)
> Btw. compilation of Povray took about 10 minutes with make -j4

Sounds neat :-)

Did you check that there are no rendering artifacts? On the Raspberry
Pi, last time I checked the single-precision floating point math was
buggy there, leading to obvious artifacts in the biscuits.pov sample
scene (and most probably any other scene, for that matter).

Post a reply to this message

> Did you check that there are no rendering artifacts? On the Raspberry
> Pi, last time I checked the single-precision floating point math was
> buggy there, leading to obvious artifacts in the biscuits.pov sample
> scene (and most probably any other scene, for that matter).

Checked your subsurface.pov sample scene.
Looks completely the same on the ARM and an i7.

No problem :)

Post a reply to this message