POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : GtkSourceView 2.0 language file for 3.7 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:28:05 EDT (-0400)
  GtkSourceView 2.0 language file for 3.7 (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Anthony D  Baye
Subject: GtkSourceView 2.0 language file for 3.7
Date: 2 Dec 2013 23:30:01
Message: <web.529d5c003b56bacf89b5ac30@news.povray.org>
here: http://pastebin.com/NaCa4MwD

it might be missing a few keywords still.  I modified it  (and did some cleanup)
from one that I've been using for a while so that it correctly identifies .pov
and .inc files and preselects the PoV-Ray 3.7 language file.

If you find any keywords that are missing, let me know and I'll fix it.

--tested in gedit.

I can post a copy of the file in utilities if anyone is interested.

Let me know what you think.

Regards,
A.D.B.

Post a reply to this message

On 12/02/2013 11:26 PM, Anthony D. Baye wrote:
> here: http://pastebin.com/NaCa4MwD
>
> it might be missing a few keywords still.  I modified it  (and did some cleanup)
> from one that I've been using for a while so that it correctly identifies .pov
> and .inc files and preselects the PoV-Ray 3.7 language file.
>
> If you find any keywords that are missing, let me know and I'll fix it.
>
> --tested in gedit.
>
> I can post a copy of the file in utilities if anyone is interested.
>
> Let me know what you think.
>
> Regards,
> A.D.B.

you must have missed my post dated 01/14/2011 in p.b.utilities "new
syntax highlighting for gedit"

Post a reply to this message

From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 3 Dec 2013 09:40:00
Message: <web.529debc07b96886e89b5ac30@news.povray.org>
James Holsenback <nom### [at] nonecom> wrote:
> On 12/02/2013 11:26 PM, Anthony D. Baye wrote:
> > here: http://pastebin.com/NaCa4MwD
> >
> > it might be missing a few keywords still.  I modified it  (and did some cleanup)
> > from one that I've been using for a while so that it correctly identifies .pov
> > and .inc files and preselects the PoV-Ray 3.7 language file.
> >
> > If you find any keywords that are missing, let me know and I'll fix it.
> >
> > --tested in gedit.
> >
> > I can post a copy of the file in utilities if anyone is interested.
> >
> > Let me know what you think.
> >
> > Regards,
> > A.D.B.
> >

> you must have missed my post dated 01/14/2011 in p.b.utilities "new
> syntax highlighting for gedit"

perhaps.  This was a file I had found some time ago, but it was missing the
metadata block, and the <definition></definition> tags, among other things...  I
didn't bother looking for a better version before cleaning it up.

Regards,
A.D.B.

Post a reply to this message

From: LanuHum
Date: 3 Dec 2013 14:30:00
Message: <web.529e2fbb7b96886e7a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
"Anthony D. Baye" <Sha### [at] spamnomorehotmailcom> wrote:
> here: http://pastebin.com/NaCa4MwD
>
> it might be missing a few keywords still.  I modified it  (and did some cleanup)
> from one that I've been using for a while so that it correctly identifies .pov
> and .inc files and preselects the PoV-Ray 3.7 language file.
>
> If you find any keywords that are missing, let me know and I'll fix it.
>
> --tested in gedit.
>
> I can post a copy of the file in utilities if anyone is interested.
>
> Let me know what you think.
>
> Regards,
> A.D.B.

Hi!
I download povray37.lang and replace it in
/usr/share/gtksourceview-2.0/language-specs
Don't work! Gedit, Geany...

Post a reply to this message

From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 3 Dec 2013 20:20:01
Message: <web.529e831f7b96886e89b5ac30@news.povray.org>
"LanuHum" <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:
> "Anthony D. Baye" <Sha### [at] spamnomorehotmailcom> wrote:
> > here: http://pastebin.com/NaCa4MwD
> >
> > it might be missing a few keywords still.  I modified it  (and did some cleanup)
> > from one that I've been using for a while so that it correctly identifies .pov
> > and .inc files and preselects the PoV-Ray 3.7 language file.
> >
> > If you find any keywords that are missing, let me know and I'll fix it.
> >
> > --tested in gedit.
> >
> > I can post a copy of the file in utilities if anyone is interested.
> >
> > Let me know what you think.
> >
> > Regards,
> > A.D.B.
>
> Hi!
> I download povray37.lang and replace it in
> /usr/share/gtksourceview-2.0/language-specs
> Don't work! Gedit, Geany...

works for me in gedit, using the Cobalt theme.  screenshot in p.b.i

Interesting thing about most gtk themes i've seen:  They all incorrectly define
net-address-in-comment whereas the def:comment identifier uses the "underlined"
style for email and web addresses in comments.  There is no
"def:net-address-in-comment" as far as I can tell.

the fix is to edit your theme before installing it, and change the line that
defines "net-address-in-comment" to define "underlined" instead

Regards,
A.D.B.

Post a reply to this message

From: LanuHum
Date: 4 Dec 2013 11:40:01
Message: <web.529f59ce7b96886e7a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
"Anthony D. Baye" <Sha### [at] spamnomorehotmailcom> wrote:

> works for me in gedit, using the Cobalt theme.  screenshot in p.b.i

No! Not work in Gedit.
View/Mode highlight sintax: cannot search povray lang

Post a reply to this message

From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 4 Dec 2013 19:05:01
Message: <web.529fc2277b96886e89b5ac30@news.povray.org>
"LanuHum" <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:
> "Anthony D. Baye" <Sha### [at] spamnomorehotmailcom> wrote:
>

> > works for me in gedit, using the Cobalt theme.  screenshot in p.b.i
> >

> No! Not work in Gedit.
> View/Mode highlight sintax: cannot search povray lang

And I'm telling you that it does work for me.  It automatically selects POV-Ray
3.7 syntax highlighting whenever I open a .pov or .inc file.

In addition, it appears right where it should under:
    View->Highlight Mode->Sources->POV-Ray 3.7

If it isn't working for you, then I don't know what's wrong.

my language file is in the same place as yours:
    /usr/share/gtksourceview-2.0/language-specs/povray37.lang

however, when I downloaded it from pastebin, it had an extra .txt extension on
it.  If you didn't remove that extension then it probably won't work.

Regards,
A.D.B.