POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Focus and centering object in the view. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:32:19 EDT (-0400)
  Focus and centering object in the view. (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: apalabrados
Subject: Focus and centering object in the view.
Date: 5 Nov 2013 05:40:01
Message: <web.5278ca56326f8209feb993600@news.povray.org>
Hi,

    I have a script where it imports an object and render it to get an image.

    The fact is that all works fine but the question is that the script can
import any kind of object and it should adapt the camera to focus the object
almost the 80% of view. I mean, if the object is too small, the camera should
zoom + to get the object size almost the 80% and in case the object is too big,
it should zoom - to get the same situation.

    How can I accomplish this?

The code I use is:

#include "{{INCLUDE_FILE}}"
#include "{{BASE_PATH}}/axes_macro.inc"
#include "math.inc"
#include "finish.inc"
#include "transforms.inc"
#include "{{BASE_PATH}}/base_render.inc"
#include "{{BASE_PATH}}/center_volumen.inc"
#include "colors.inc"
#include "textures.inc"

#declare maxcorner  = 0;
#declare mincorner  = 0;
#declare max_x  = 0;
#declare min_x  = 0;
#declare max_y  = 0;
#declare min_y  = 0;
#declare max_z  = 0;
#declare min_z  = 0;

background {color rgb 0.1}

global_settings {
  assumed_gamma 2
  ambient_light rgb<1, 0, 0>
}

sky_sphere
{
 pigment
 {
  gradient y
  color_map
  {
   [0.0 rgb <1.0,1.0,1.0>]  //153, 178.5, 255 //150, 240, 192
   [0.7 rgb <0.9,0.9,0.9>]  //  0,  25.5, 204 //155, 240, 96
  }
  scale 2
  translate 1
 }
}

object {

 {{MODELNAME}}

 Center_Trans({{MODELNAME}}, x+y+z)

 texture {
  pigment { Red }
  finish { ambient 0.1
                 diffuse 0.9
                 phong 1 }
 }

 #declare maxcorner  = max_extent({{MODELNAME}});
 #declare mincorner  = min_extent({{MODELNAME}});
 #declare max_x  = max(maxcorner.x,mincorner.x);
 #declare min_x  = min(maxcorner.x,mincorner.x);
 #declare max_y  = max(maxcorner.y,mincorner.y);
 #declare min_y  = min(maxcorner.y,mincorner.y);
 #declare max_z  = max(maxcorner.z,mincorner.z);
 #declare min_z  = min(maxcorner.z,mincorner.z);

 FindObjectCenter( {{MODELNAME}} )
}

camera {
    location <0,200,0>
 up    <0,1,0>
 look_at <0,0,0>
}

object {
 light_source {
   <max_x+100, 0, 0>
   rgb 0.5
  shadowless
 }
}
light_source {
        <0, max_y+100, 0>
        rgb 0.5
 shadowless
}
light_source {
        <0, 0, 100>
        rgb 0.5
 shadowless
}

Thanks.

Post a reply to this message

screen.inc should contain the camera calculations you seek,
even if your use case is not a classic "screen object".

Post a reply to this message