POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Compeletely white plane with shadows Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:23:34 EDT (-0400)
  Compeletely white plane with shadows (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: noam
Subject: Compeletely white plane with shadows
Date: 12 Oct 2013 12:30:01
Message: <web.525977f027cbbf09e71ca80c0@news.povray.org>
I want to render an image that has several objects in it, say a sphere, torus
and a cube. All these objects cast a shadow on a white plane. What I'd like is
for the plane to be completely featureless - that is to say completely white -
except for the shadows cast by the aforementioned objects. Currently, if I set
the ambient property of the plane to 1, the shadows of the objects do not
appear. If I set the ambient property to 0, the plane appears grey and doesn't
display a consistent color, rather a smooth gradient as the plane moves away
from the light source. Is there an easy way to achieve the desired result?

Post a reply to this message