POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Edge detection Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:14:15 EDT (-0400)
  Edge detection (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Edge detection
Date: 12 Aug 2013 21:15:01
Message: <web.520988444c309d673fc9ebb0@news.povray.org>
Does anyone use edge detection software, or some other "tool" to speed up
defining the spline points for things like SOR's or lathes?

It would be useful to RAPIDLY "scan" the edges of image files of actual lathe
objects and produce a series of x,y data points to be spun into an SOR or lathe
object.

Post a reply to this message

> Does anyone use edge detection software, or some other "tool" to speed up
> defining the spline points for things like SOR's or lathes?
>
> It would be useful to RAPIDLY "scan" the edges of image files of actual lathe
> objects and produce a series of x,y data points to be spun into an SOR or lathe
> object.

You can create splines using Inkscape.  I also have a set of LOGO turtle macros
that can be used to create splines...

Regards,
A.D.B.

Post a reply to this message