POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Texture mapping pb using POV-Ray renderer mh/blender/povray Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  Texture mapping pb using POV-Ray renderer mh/blender/povray (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: alefburzmali
Subject: Texture mapping pb using POV-Ray renderer mh/blender/povray
Date: 27 May 2013 06:25:01
Message: <web.51a3338247abe23fe8c271550@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone,

I am currently using MakeHuman to design human models with Blender.

I have designed a very simple model with MH, and applied on it a simple set of
clothes then I have exported the model in the *.mhx format so that I can import
it when using Blender.

I have to use the POV-Ray renderer for specific reasons (I have got to use the
associated *.pov file in another POV-Ray scene). But when I render the human
model with the POV-Ray renderer I have got a very strange texture arrangement
..... I don't have this problem with the Blender renderer, as you can see below.

The model rendered with the Blender renderer (imported model from MH, using
Blender) :

http://hpics.li/eaf7dd6

The model rendered with the POV-Ray renderer (using Blender, and imported from
MH using Blender) :

http://hpics.li/2f1daa8

It looks like my textures are not mapped in the good direction or something like
that, as if they have been reversed ....
The skin texture is correctly mapped tough

What do you think about this problem ?
Do you know if it exists a simple trick to solve this ?
I'm using the latest MH (1.07beta), Blender 2.66.1 and POV-Ray 2.7beta.

You can download my *.pov file, my *.mhx file and the textures associated here :
http://dl.free.fr/mdk3ahYqj

Thanks !

Post a reply to this message

> I am currently using MakeHuman to design human models with Blender.
>
> I have designed a very simple model with MH, and applied on it a simple set of
> clothes then I have exported the model in the *.mhx format so that I can import
> it when using Blender.
>
> I have to use the POV-Ray renderer for specific reasons (I have got to use the
> associated *.pov file in another POV-Ray scene). But when I render the human
> model with the POV-Ray renderer I have got a very strange texture arrangement
> ..... I don't have this problem with the Blender renderer, as you can see below.
>
> The model rendered with the Blender renderer (imported model from MH, using
> Blender) :
>
> http://hpics.li/eaf7dd6
>
> The model rendered with the POV-Ray renderer (using Blender, and imported from
> MH using Blender) :
>
> http://hpics.li/2f1daa8
>
> It looks like my textures are not mapped in the good direction or something like
> that, as if they have been reversed ....
> The skin texture is correctly mapped tough
>
> What do you think about this problem ?
> Do you know if it exists a simple trick to solve this ?
> I'm using the latest MH (1.07beta), Blender 2.66.1 and POV-Ray 2.7beta.
>
> You can download my *.pov file, my *.mhx file and the textures associated here :
> http://dl.free.fr/mdk3ahYqj
>

> Thanks !

The pigment may need to be rotated 90 degrees. Try:
rotate 90*z

It's diffuse value looks like it's set way to low. Normaly, it should be
set around 0.7.
Another possibility would be a gamma isue. Add: "gamma srgb" or "gamma
2.2" to your image_map.

You have specular or phong highlighting set much to strong. Maybe the
diffuse value got applied to specular...

Alain

Post a reply to this message

> > I am currently using MakeHuman to design human models with Blender.
> >
> > I have designed a very simple model with MH, and applied on it a simple set of
> > clothes then I have exported the model in the *.mhx format so that I can import
> > it when using Blender.
> >
> > I have to use the POV-Ray renderer for specific reasons (I have got to use the
> > associated *.pov file in another POV-Ray scene). But when I render the human
> > model with the POV-Ray renderer I have got a very strange texture arrangement
> > ..... I don't have this problem with the Blender renderer, as you can see below.
> >
> > The model rendered with the Blender renderer (imported model from MH, using
> > Blender) :
> >
> > http://hpics.li/eaf7dd6
> >
> > The model rendered with the POV-Ray renderer (using Blender, and imported from
> > MH using Blender) :
> >
> > http://hpics.li/2f1daa8
> >
> > It looks like my textures are not mapped in the good direction or something like
> > that, as if they have been reversed ....
> > The skin texture is correctly mapped tough
> >
> > What do you think about this problem ?
> > Do you know if it exists a simple trick to solve this ?
> > I'm using the latest MH (1.07beta), Blender 2.66.1 and POV-Ray 2.7beta.
> >
> > You can download my *.pov file, my *.mhx file and the textures associated here :
> > http://dl.free.fr/mdk3ahYqj
> >

> > Thanks !
> >

> The pigment may need to be rotated 90 degrees. Try:
> rotate 90*z
>
> It's diffuse value looks like it's set way to low. Normaly, it should be
> set around 0.7.
> Another possibility would be a gamma isue. Add: "gamma srgb" or "gamma
> 2.2" to your image_map.
>
> You have specular or phong highlighting set much to strong. Maybe the
> diffuse value got applied to specular...
>

> Alain

Thanks for all your advice Alain, MH users talk about a specific problem that
would be fixed in the next release.

Anyway, thanks for the gamma and the diffuse thing :-)

Alef