POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Background color Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:26:17 EDT (-0400)
  Background color (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: posfan12
Subject: Background color
Date: 9 Apr 2013 21:35:00
Message: <web.5164c107da3a1ea741a177270@news.povray.org>
I set the background color of my scene to the following:

background {color rgb <072,080,095>/255}

However, in the resulting image the color is (very slightly) different. What
types of things affect the background color? I know that assumed gamma does, but
I have it set to 2.2 which is correct for Windows systems, isn't it?

Thanks!

Post a reply to this message

> I set the background color of my scene to the following:
>
> background {color rgb <072,080,095>/255}
>
> However, in the resulting image the color is (very slightly) different. What
> types of things affect the background color? I know that assumed gamma does, but
> I have it set to 2.2 which is correct for Windows systems, isn't it?
>
> Thanks!

OK, I used this instead and it works now:

background {color srgb <072,080,095>/255}

Mike

Post a reply to this message

> I set the background color of my scene to the following:
>
> background {color rgb <072,080,095>/255}
>
> However, in the resulting image the color is (very slightly) different. What
> types of things affect the background color? I know that assumed gamma does, but
> I have it set to 2.2 which is correct for Windows systems, isn't it?
>
> Thanks!

It's recomended to use assumed_gamma 1 and set display_gamm 2.2 or srgb,
or whatever the actual gamma of your display is, in the ini file.

You also can use srgb instead of rgb when setting or declaring your colour.

Alain

Post a reply to this message

> > I set the background color of my scene to the following:
> >
> > background {color rgb <072,080,095>/255}
> >
> > However, in the resulting image the color is (very slightly) different. What
> > types of things affect the background color? I know that assumed gamma does, but
> > I have it set to 2.2 which is correct for Windows systems, isn't it?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

> It's recomended to use assumed_gamma 1 and set display_gamm 2.2 or srgb,
> or whatever the actual gamma of your display is, in the ini file.

I don't think that will help him getting pixel values of (72, 80, 95)...

--
                                                          - Warp