POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Looking for a formula Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:25:17 EDT (-0400)
  Looking for a formula (Message 1 to 10 of 35)
From: H  Karsten
Subject: Looking for a formula
Date: 11 Feb 2013 19:20:01
Message: <web.511989b9a94146cfa3bfeb720@news.povray.org>
Hi people :)
I have two lines and like to have there intersection-point.

Like
<Line_1_Start_X,Line_1_Start_y> to <Line_1_End_X,Line_1_End_Y>
and
<Line_2_Start_X,Line_2_Start_y> to <Line_2_End_X,Line_2_End_Y>

And I like to get <Intersection_X,Intersection_Y>

Is there any formula, coming with the PovRay-Inc-Files, like Math.inc, I can
use?

Or does someone have a quick way to solve this?

Tanx,
Holger :)

Post a reply to this message

> I have two lines and like to have there intersection-point.
>
> Like
> <Line_1_Start_X,Line_1_Start_y> to <Line_1_End_X,Line_1_End_Y>
> and
> <Line_2_Start_X,Line_2_Start_y> to <Line_2_End_X,Line_2_End_Y>
>
> And I like to get <Intersection_X,Intersection_Y>
>
> Is there any formula, coming with the PovRay-Inc-Files, like Math.inc, I can
> use?
>
> Or does someone have a quick way to solve this?
>
> Tanx,
> Holger :)

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Line-LineIntersection.html

Post a reply to this message