POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hi, I'm back... with a silly (Win 8) question of course. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:26:12 EDT (-0400)
  Hi, I'm back... with a silly (Win 8) question of course. (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: The Elder Mike
Subject: Hi, I'm back... with a silly (Win 8) question of course.
Date: 24 Nov 2012 16:55:01
Message: <web.50b141e51f35c489a8ee35670@news.povray.org>
First, nice to be in touch again -   never intended to be gone for so long.
(As anyone who might remember me has probably already figured out, "The Elder
Mike" is the same person as "Mike the Elder" - I just needed a new account
because I no longer have access to the email account for the old one)

Second, my old computer died on Thanksgiving day and I had to grab a quick
replacement on Black Friday. I ended up with a Windows 8 machine, which I am
*NOT* thrilled about.  Now that I have this thing, I need to know which version
(if any) of POV-Ray will work reliably on it.  Can I use the 64 bit version?

Thanks in advance for helpful replies that do not include gratuitous chiding
with regard to having ended up with a Windows 8 machine.

Best Regards,

Mike C.

Post a reply to this message