POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Forget about CUDA: Intel's MIC is much better and simpler to program in! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:27:00 EDT (-0400)
  Forget about CUDA: Intel's MIC is much better and simpler to program in! (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: jhu
Subject: Forget about CUDA: Intel's MIC is much better and simpler to program in!
Date: 18 Jun 2012 21:20:01
Message: <web.4fdfd3525f3dfb1ad19b0ec40@news.povray.org>
http://hothardware.com/Reviews/Intel-Announces-MIC-Xeon-Phi-Aims-For-Exascale-Computing/

Apparently, the thing already runs its own Linux kernel, so just send over a
binary of Povray and other files and off you go!

Post a reply to this message

From: waggy
Date: 18 Jun 2012 22:00:01
Message: <web.4fdfdd126f0269389726a3c10@news.povray.org>
"jhu" wrote:
> Apparently, the thing already runs its own Linux kernel, so just send over a
> binary of Povray and other files and off you go!

Well then, that PhD-level course I took in parallel programming was a waste; it
led me to believe that implementing efficient parallel algroithms is HARD... ;)