POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Downloading the FULL POV-Ray documentation Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:21:14 EDT (-0400)
  Downloading the FULL POV-Ray documentation (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: bluestar
Subject: Downloading the FULL POV-Ray documentation
Date: 24 Apr 2012 21:55:00
Message: <web.4f975858db1deb86ea9017f20@news.povray.org>
There seems to be some disparity between the online POV-Ray documentation and
the documentation that is available for download. Also, the online site
indicated documentation was included with the install package but I was unable

The online documentation at:
http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/1/
is by far the most thorough and it is the documentation I wish to download.

The documentation available for download at:
http://www.povray.org/download/
and the link is located at the bottom of the page. Unfortunately, this item is
only the POV-Ray Reference doc which is a subset of the online documentation,

So again, how may I download the full ONLINE version of POV-Ray documentation?

Post a reply to this message

> There seems to be some disparity between the online POV-Ray documentation and
> the documentation that is available for download. Also, the online site
> indicated documentation was included with the install package but I was unable

POV-Ray 3.6.2 is essentially 3.6.1c with changes to make it play nicer
with Windows Vista and 7. (That's also the reason why there's no POV-Ray
3.6.2 for Linux.)

> The online documentation at:
> http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/1/
> is by far the most thorough and it is the documentation I wish to download.
>
> The documentation available for download at:
> http://www.povray.org/download/
> and the link is located at the bottom of the page. Unfortunately, this item is
> only the POV-Ray Reference doc which is a subset of the online documentation,

Note that section 1 "Introduction to POV-Ray" is included in the
download as well, in the file named "tutorial-*.*", so the only parts
missing are the platform-specific ones.

Post a reply to this message