POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering to vector format for medial axes/ voronoi polygons Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:27:05 EDT (-0400)
  Rendering to vector format for medial axes/ voronoi polygons (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Stephen Mather
Subject: Rendering to vector format for medial axes/ voronoi polygons
Date: 4 Mar 2012 23:25:00
Message: <web.4f543ea078971ae723bc7f350@news.povray.org>
Hi All,

I have an inexorable tendency to do analyses with POV-Ray, perhaps because it's
the first scripting language I groked.

Anyway, I've been playing with 2-D Voronoi polygons using 3-D pov cones to
derive medial axes of complex shapes (e.g.
http://smathermather.wordpress.com/category/optics/pov-ray/ ).  I like the speed
and outcomes that I'm getting, but I wondered if there's a trivial (or
otherwise) way to render the boundaries of the cones which create the medial
axes as something vectorized from within POV-Ray.  Thoughts?

Thanks,
Best,
Steve

Inspiration:

Kenneth Hoff III, Tim Culver, John Keyser, Ming Lin, and Dinesh Manocha.
Fast Computation of Generalized Voronoi Diagrams Using Graphics Hardware.
Proceedings of SIGGRAPH 99, pages 277-286, August 1999.

from

http://cs.nyu.edu/~ajsecord/npar2002/html/stipples-node2.html