POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Trying to translate an isosurface function Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:14:29 EDT (-0400)
  Trying to translate an isosurface function (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Alan M
Subject: Trying to translate an isosurface function
Date: 10 Nov 2011 20:35:01
Message: <web.4ebc7b038b30719f193ade1e0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

trying to do is translate the result of a function on the isosurface in the x or

I can create a rippled surface for my isosurface using the following:

function {(y - cos(sqrt(x*x + z*z)*5*pi)*0.08}

I can get the same result if I construct the function using a pattern, using
something like:

#declare fn_ripples1 = function {
  pattern {ripples scale 0.1 translate <0.5, 0, 0.5>}
}

The advantage of the pattern is I can translate the result of the function

different surface to that generated by the function outside of the pattern.

#declare fn_myripples = function { // This doesn't work as expected
  pattern {
    function {cos(sqrt(x*x + z*z)*5*pi)*0.08}
  }
}

obvious.

Any suggestion are welcome.