POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : pb with mirror and Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:22:58 EDT (-0400)
  pb with mirror and (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: CIAS
Subject: pb with mirror and
Date: 4 Aug 2011 13:15:00
Message: <web.4e3ad26a10a1cdec43c365b20@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I would like to look_at to an object by TWO parallel glass porthole.
No problem if camera looks directly (straight line), but if in the optical path

BLACK !!!
A solution ?

Christophe

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Holsenback
Subject: Re: pb with mirror and
Date: 4 Aug 2011 13:29:24
Message: <4e3ad6f4$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/04/2011 02:10 PM, CIAS wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to look_at to an object by TWO parallel glass porthole.
> No problem if camera looks directly (straight line), but if in the optical path

> BLACK !!!
> A solution ?
>
> Christophe

well it could be a lot of things ... from the finish properties of the
mirrors, location/strength of the light source, to max_trace_level
setting in the global's block. perhaps you could provide some more
details ;-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Date: 4 Aug 2011 14:51:25
Message: <4e3aea2d@news.povray.org>

> Hi,
> I would like to look_at to an object by TWO parallel glass porthole.
> No problem if camera looks directly (straight line), but if in the optical path

> BLACK !!!
> A solution ?
>
> Christophe

As you use a mirror, you need to increase your max_trace_level by 1 or
more. If you have 2 mirrors, you must increase by at least 2.

Make sure that your mirror(s) is effectively a mirror: finish{reflection
1 ambient 0 diffuse 0}

Make sure that the second glass porthole is realy transparent.

Alain

Post a reply to this message

From: CIAS
Date: 5 Aug 2011 03:15:01
Message: <web.4e3b97aaf7dbd14f43c365b20@news.povray.org>
Alain <aze### [at] qwertyorg> wrote:

> > Hi,
> > I would like to look_at to an object by TWO parallel glass porthole.
> > No problem if camera looks directly (straight line), but if in the optical path

> > BLACK !!!
> > A solution ?
> >
> > Christophe
> >

> As you use a mirror, you need to increase your max_trace_level by 1 or
> more. If you have 2 mirrors, you must increase by at least 2.
>
> Make sure that your mirror(s) is effectively a mirror: finish{reflection
> 1 ambient 0 diffuse 0}
>
> Make sure that the second glass porthole is realy transparent.
>

> Alain

Find inclosed the .pov file
#include "colors.inc"
#include "textures.inc"
// Fond de la scene
background {Grey}
light_source{ <1000,1000,-1500> 5}

#declare c=
camera {
location <1000, 0, 1000>
    look_at  <1000, 0, 0>
    angle 15}
camera{c}
// Objet
cylinder {
        <0,-200,0>, <0,200,0>, 50
        texture { pigment { Red}}}
// Porthole
cylinder{<500,0,0>, <510,0,0> 100
        texture{pigment{Clear}}
        interior{ior 1.5}
}
cylinder{<750,0,0>, <760,0,0> 120
        texture{pigment{Clear}}
        interior{ior 1.3}
}
#declare mirror =
box { <-150,-150,0>, <150,150,10>
        pigment {color Green}
        finish { reflection 1 ambient 0 diffuse 0 }
}
object{ mirror rotate <0,-45,0> translate<1000,0,0>}

thank you for helping me

Christophe

Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Date: 5 Aug 2011 03:51:25
Message: <4e3ba0fd@news.povray.org>
Adds:
global_settings { max_trace_level 30 }

produces:
 Max Level: 7/30

Default is 5, too short for your case.

--
Software is like dirt - it costs time and money to change it and move it
around.

Just because you can't see it, it doesn't weigh anything,
and you can't drill a hole in it and stick a rivet into it doesn't mean
it's free.

Post a reply to this message

From: CIAS
Date: 5 Aug 2011 05:25:01
Message: <web.4e3bb67cf7dbd14f43c365b20@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <lef### [at] freefr> wrote:
> Adds:
> global_settings { max_trace_level 30 }
>
> produces:
>  Max Level: 7/30
>
> Default is 5, too short for your case.
>
> --
> Software is like dirt - it costs time and money to change it and move it
> around.
>
> Just because you can't see it, it doesn't weigh anything,
> and you can't drill a hole in it and stick a rivet into it doesn't mean
> it's free.

It works ! :-)

Merci "le Forgeron"

Christophe&bigorne