POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : fake rim light? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:19:58 EDT (-0400)
  fake rim light? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: kursad
Subject: fake rim light?
Date: 7 Jul 2011 01:10:06
Message: <web.4e153f509a9fdc71c1e3d720@news.povray.org>
Hi

How can I add fake rim light to my objects? I would like to have some kind of
fake backlighting or rim contouring. For example I can do this by using
fresnel,or simple dot
product in other renders like Mantra, or adding incident gradients in Modo.

thanks

Post a reply to this message

> How can I add fake rim light to my objects? I would like to have some kind of
> fake backlighting or rim contouring. For example I can do this by using
> fresnel,or simple dot
> product in other renders like Mantra, or adding incident gradients in Modo.
>
> thanks

A few months ago I posted a fake Fresnel macro that does this. I do not
know if it is close to right but I like its results. Here is the link to
the original post:

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3C4d13ee42%241%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=363829&toff=100

This option is now also available in PoseRay beta in the materials tab.

good luck,

FlyerX

Post a reply to this message

From: kursad
Date: 7 Jul 2011 23:50:01
Message: <web.4e167da9315c40881c1e3d720@news.povray.org>
FlyerX that is pretty nice indeed. Thanks for your reply. I am going to study
the macro.

cheers