POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : For Android Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:29:09 EDT (-0400)
  For Android (Message 1 to 10 of 22)
From: Frederico Lopes
Subject: For Android
Date: 25 May 2011 07:15:00
Message: <web.4ddce3ec92d8e477b4bbc0150@news.povray.org>
It's in the developpers' plans porting POV-Ray to Android?

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Holsenback
Subject: Re: For Android
Date: 25 May 2011 08:12:47
Message: <4ddcf23f$1@news.povray.org>
On 05/25/2011 08:11 AM, Frederico Lopes wrote:
> It's in the developpers' plans porting POV-Ray to Android?

lol ... not likely

Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Date: 25 May 2011 09:03:09
Message: <4ddcfe0d$1@news.povray.org>
Le 25/05/2011 14:12, Jim Holsenback a écrit :
> On 05/25/2011 08:11 AM, Frederico Lopes wrote:
>> It's in the developpers' plans porting POV-Ray to Android?
>>

> lol ... not likely

What is the real need in the original question?

Do you want a hot-mobile to heat your hand in Canadian winter?
Do you want to empty the battery in ten minutes?
Have you tried to port it yourself ?
(is there a C++ compiler for Android?)

At best, an "Android" port would rather use "The Clouds" (whatever it
would be): edit the scene on the phone/tablet, render in the clouds, get
sued or charged by the clouds's companies.

--
Software is like dirt - it costs time and money to change it and move it
around.

Just because you can't see it, it doesn't weigh anything,
and you can't drill a hole in it and stick a rivet into it doesn't mean
it's free.

Post a reply to this message