POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : example codes finding: how to animate and render a rainy scene Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:32:29 EDT (-0400)
  example codes finding: how to animate and render a rainy scene (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Dream
Subject: example codes finding: how to animate and render a rainy scene
Date: 21 Apr 2011 16:25:00
Message: <web.4db09126cfcef4d91524ae1d0@news.povray.org>
Hi, guys,

Nowadays I am consentrating on simulating a scene of rain animation. My idea for
this simulation is to utilize Particle System for move the raindrops in 3D space
by time. Each raindrop is represented by a particle with proporties such as
mass, velocity, position, lifespan, etc. This drop particle can describe the
exact motion of the drop, however, it can't turn up a realistical rain trace in
the air. That is because the human can see a rain line for the reason of vision
remaining. Therefore I want to take advantange of series of rain textures for a
realistical rendering.  Then we should define 4 verticies arond the drop
particle itself according to drop's position and moving direction. Supporting
these textures above have been known and 4 vertecies of per drop can be
calculated at any time.

Then, how to render this rain scene according to presetn idea? Has anybody seen
the example codes yet similar with this idea? Or can anybody give me some
constructive advices?

Thank you very much.

email: dre### [at] 163com

Post a reply to this message