POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : any hidden line rendering api? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:24:16 EDT (-0400)
  any hidden line rendering api? (Message 1 to 10 of 20)
From: optima
Subject: any hidden line rendering api?
Date: 21 Dec 2010 15:45:00
Message: <web.4d1110bac23a6d9804e8730@news.povray.org>
Hi,  (Do you know of any hidden line rendering api?)

I wonder what do I need to do to get renderings like this from povray?
(I'm afraid, ,it's not possible in pov)
http://www.kitchendesigned.com/tmp/hidden_line.jpg

let me pose the question this way too,
what software do you know of that does this(hidden line rendering)?
I dont mean ready software like(3dmax, etc). I mean api or plugin or whatever
but I need to do this from within my own C# application either thru Povray or
any other software that will do the job.

I have been stuck on this too for a couple of years now. The internet is poor on
this subject or I couldn't ask the correct questions. I'm afraid this won't be
easy and I will have to learn a whole new set of api such as povray or opengl...

I really appreciate any input you can provide.

Thank you
optima

Post a reply to this message

> but I need to do this from within my own C# application either thru Povray or
> any other software that will do the job.

Have you looked into XNA? What sort of result do you need? You could build a
3D model and a shader that would give you just the outlines of things, then
capture the image from the render buffer.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: