POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : stripes in my color map Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:25:53 EDT (-0400)
  stripes in my color map (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: Joost
Subject: stripes in my color map
Date: 3 Dec 2010 07:40:01
Message: <web.4cf8dbabf79e8097dfff491b0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I was wondering if I am doing something wrong. I am seeing stripes in my air (a
color map), as if the gradient isn't correct: gets a bit darker than lighter,
than darker etc. in stead of a smooth transition form light blue to dark blue).
A higher resolution (12000x8000) hasn't helped.

 #declare T_Sky_G2 = texture {
     pigment {
      gradient y
      color_map {
      [0.0 color  rgb < 212, 233, 255>/255  ]
      [1.0 color  rgb < 98, 136, 251>/255]
      }
     scale y*290 }
     finish {
     ambient 0.65 }
      }

Thanks very much.

Joost

Post a reply to this message

> I was wondering if I am doing something wrong. I am seeing stripes in my air (a
> color map), as if the gradient isn't correct: gets a bit darker than lighter,
> than darker etc. in stead of a smooth transition form light blue to dark blue).

  Sounds like the scaling of the texture doesn't match the scaling of the
object you are applying it to.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>   Sounds like the scaling of the texture doesn't match the scaling of the
> object you are applying it to.
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

I've already tried changing that; making a box <1, 1, 1> without scaling the
color_map, and than scaling the object, but that didn't change the result. The
total transition is correct, it's just not a smooth transition but a stripy one
if you look closer.

Post a reply to this message

> I've already tried changing that; making a box <1, 1, 1> without scaling the
> color_map, and than scaling the object, but that didn't change the result. The
> total transition is correct, it's just not a smooth transition but a stripy one
> if you look closer.

  It would help identifying the issue if you posted a complete but minimal
scene that demonstrates the problem.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message