POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : problem rendering huge image Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:16:14 EDT (-0400)
  problem rendering huge image (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: stevenvh
Subject: problem rendering huge image
Date: 8 Nov 2010 07:50:00
Message: <web.4cd7f160e88714c7c0721a1d0@news.povray.org>
Hi,
during a rendering job I get a few hundreds of "Intermediate image storage
backing file seek failed" warnings until the rendering stops with a "render
failed" message. Problem is most definitely due to the image size: 19050x7620
pixels. (Lower res renderings work fine)
Can I make POV-Ray render such huge files?
TIA,
Steven

Windows XP Pro
3 GB RAM
POV-Ray v3.7 beta 38

Post a reply to this message

> during a rendering job I get a few hundreds of "Intermediate image storage
> backing file seek failed" warnings until the rendering stops with a "render
> failed" message. Problem is most definitely due to the image size: 19050x7620
> pixels. (Lower res renderings work fine)
> Can I make POV-Ray render such huge files?

The next beta ought to solve this issue. Currently the code that handles
the backing files is limited to 2^31 bytes in seeking within the file.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

> during a rendering job I get a few hundreds of "Intermediate image
> storage
> backing file seek failed" warnings until the rendering stops with a
> "render
> failed" message. Problem is most definitely due to the image size:
> 19050x7620
> pixels. (Lower res renderings work fine)
> Can I make POV-Ray render such huge files?
> TIA,
> Steven
>
> Windows XP Pro
> 3 GB RAM