POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is a circular gradient possible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:23:33 EDT (-0400)
  Is a circular gradient possible? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: wilhelm
Subject: Is a circular gradient possible?
Date: 14 May 2010 11:15:00
Message: <web.4bed6873360dbc1e70fdf2650@news.povray.org>
I need an image of a simple circle with a color gradient from the perimeter to
the center. Can that be drawn in povray? I've tested gradient but that only goes
in one direction.

thanks

Post a reply to this message

> I need an image of a simple circle with a color gradient from the perimeter to
> the center. Can that be drawn in povray? I've tested gradient but that only goes
> in one direction.

try the "spherical", "cylindrical", "onion" or "wood" patterns.

Post a reply to this message

> > I need an image of a simple circle with a color gradient from the perimeter to
> > the center. Can that be drawn in povray? I've tested gradient but that only goes
> > in one direction.

> try the "spherical", "cylindrical", "onion" or "wood" patterns.

  And if none of those meets your exact needs, you can always write your
own pattern function (by writing a user-defined function and using it as
a pattern).

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message