POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to generate radiosity data and then quit? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:14:32 EDT (-0400)
  How to generate radiosity data and then quit? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: jhu
Subject: How to generate radiosity data and then quit?
Date: 23 Mar 2010 21:25:01
Message: <web.4ba968f0a83ab146ab8b233e0@news.povray.org>
The power went out while my computer was in the middle of a long render. All is
not lost, since I've been meaning to try out rendering on multiple computers.
Eventually I'd like this all to be automated. So how do I get Pov to exit once
it finishes generating radiosity data?

Post a reply to this message

> The power went out while my computer was in the middle of a long render. All is
> not lost, since I've been meaning to try out rendering on multiple computers.
> Eventually I'd like this all to be automated. So how do I get Pov to exit once
> it finishes generating radiosity data?

No way - POV-Ray won't let you go without a main render. You can use a
reduced resolution though, running this pre-render with "always_sample
on", effectively using it as just another pretrace pass.

Post a reply to this message

> No way - POV-Ray won't let you go without a main render. You can use a
> reduced resolution though, running this pre-render with "always_sample
> on", effectively using it as just another pretrace pass.

Does focal blur affect the radiosity data? My guess would be no. And how much
smaller is an acceptable resolution to generate radiosity data for the main
render?

Post a reply to this message