POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : building beta in centos Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:26:19 EDT (-0400)
  building beta in centos (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Anthony D  Baye
Subject: building beta in centos
Date: 30 Jan 2010 20:10:01
Message: <web.4b64d812fff79e3b82e577e00@news.povray.org>
As the subject suggests, I'm trying to build the linux betas in centos 5.4, I
had to download and build the boost libraries from sources because the centos
repositories don't contain anything past 1.33

I have boost installed, I'm currently using version 1.41.0, but when I try to
configure the sources, I get an error "Cannot link with boost thread library see
config.log for details"

the config.log says "cannot open shared object file, no such file or directory"

Any help would be appreciated.

A.D.B.

Post a reply to this message

> As the subject suggests, I'm trying to build the linux betas in centos 5.4, I
> had to download and build the boost libraries from sources because the centos
> repositories don't contain anything past 1.33
>
> I have boost installed, I'm currently using version 1.41.0, but when I try to
> configure the sources, I get an error "Cannot link with boost thread library see
> config.log for details"
>
> the config.log says "cannot open shared object file, no such file or directory"
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> A.D.B.

Double check that the library path is properly set, and that you have
eccess right to them.

Alain

Post a reply to this message

> > As the subject suggests, I'm trying to build the linux betas in centos 5.4, I
> > had to download and build the boost libraries from sources because the centos
> > repositories don't contain anything past 1.33
> >
> > I have boost installed, I'm currently using version 1.41.0, but when I try to
> > configure the sources, I get an error "Cannot link with boost thread library see
> > config.log for details"
> >
> > the config.log says "cannot open shared object file, no such file or directory"
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > A.D.B.
> >

> Double check that the library path is properly set, and that you have
> eccess right to them.
>

> Alain

configure finds the boost libraries just fine, it goes through the first two
steps of checking boost-thread, and then fails right after "Checking for exit in
boost-thread", which is found, and then fails to link.

A.D.B.