POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to update change-of-email address? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:16:00 EDT (-0400)
  How to update change-of-email address? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Kenneth
Subject: How to update change-of-email address?
Date: 14 Dec 2009 02:35:00
Message: <web.4b25e96af1b4fcc765f302820@news.povray.org>
(This question was also asked by SharkD recently, but received no answer.)

How do I update a change-of-email address in the newsgroups?  I can't find any
specific link to my 'personal information' page (at least, not one where my
email address is located.) Do I have to completely re-register all of my
information, as if I were a new user, in order to do so? If so, what happens to
my 'old' information?

Ken

Post a reply to this message

> (This question was also asked by SharkD recently, but received no answer.)
>
> How do I update a change-of-email address in the newsgroups?  I can't find any
> specific link to my 'personal information' page (at least, not one where my
> email address is located.) Do I have to completely re-register all of my
> information, as if I were a new user, in order to do so? If so, what happens to
> my 'old' information?

If you are accessing via a real news-reader, simply update your account
information (on thunderbird, right click on the server, then Properties,
it's on the opened window: email address in Identity;
Note: click on the server, not a group)

It won't change your previous posts.

Via the web gateway: I do not know. You might be able to change the
Public email.

Post a reply to this message

Le 2009-12-14 05:37, Le_Forgeron a écrit :
> Kenneth a écrit :
>> (This question was also asked by SharkD recently, but received no answer.)
>>
>> How do I update a change-of-email address in the newsgroups?  I can't find any
>> specific link to my 'personal information' page (at least, not one where my
>> email address is located.) Do I have to completely re-register all of my
>> information, as if I were a new user, in order to do so? If so, what happens to
>> my 'old' information?
>
> If you are accessing via a real news-reader, simply update your account
> information (on thunderbird, right click on the server, then Properties,
> it's on the opened window: email address in Identity;
> Note: click on the server, not a group)
>
> It won't change your previous posts.
>
> Via the web gateway: I do not know. You might be able to change the
> Public email.

Anyway, it won't change the informations in any previous post.

Alain

Post a reply to this message