POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray not parsing Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:28:53 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray not parsing (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Chris
Subject: POV-Ray not parsing
Date: 18 Jun 2009 18:10:01
Message: <web.4a3abb33e5faceb097074f4f0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

   I have often had the problem that POV-Ray for Windows does not succeed in
parsing what seems to be correct code. For example, with the latest Windows
version, if I copy verbatim (cut-and-paste) the sky sphere example from the
docs (section 2.3.2.4),

  sky_sphere {
    pigment {
      gradient y
      color_map {
        [ 0.5  color CornflowerBlue ]
        [ 1.0  color MidnightBlue ]
      }
      scale 2
      translate -1
    }
  }

with nothing else in the file, I get the messages below.

Appreciate any help. Thanks.

- Chris

Preset INI file is 'C:\Documents and Settings\cchang\My
Documents\POV-Ray\v3.6\ini\quickres.ini', section
is '[512x384, No AA]'.
Preset source file is 'C:\Documents and Settings\cchang\Desktop\test.pov'.
Redirecting Options
  All Streams to console..........On
  Debug Stream to console.........On
  Fatal Stream to console.........On
  Render Stream to console........On
  Statistics Stream to console....On
  Warning Stream to console.......On
Parsing Options
  Input file: C:\Documents and Settings\cchang\Desktop\test.pov (compatible to
version 3.62)
  Remove bounds........On
  Split unions.........Off
  Library paths:
    C:\Documents and Settings\cchang\My Documents\POV-Ray\v3.6\include
    C:\WINDOWS\Fonts
Output Options
  Image resolution 512 by 384 (rows 1 to 384, columns 1 to 512).
  Output file: C:\Documents and Settings\cchang\Desktop\test.bmp, 24 bpp (system
format)
  Graphic display......On  (gamma: 2.2)
  Mosaic preview.......Off
  CPU usage histogram..Off
  Continued trace......Off
Tracing Options
  Quality:  9
  Bounding boxes.......On   Bounding threshold: 3
  Light Buffer.........On
  Vista Buffer.........On   Draw Vista Buffer....Off
  Antialiasing.........Off
  Clock value:    0.000  (Animation off)
File: C:\Documents and Settings\cchang\Desktop\test.pov  Line: 5
File Context (5 lines):
      color_map {
        [ 0.5  color CornflowerBlue
Parse Error: Expected ']', undeclared identifier 'CornflowerBlue' found instead
Total Scene Processing Times
  Parse Time:    0 hours  0 minutes  0 seconds (0 seconds)
  Photon Time:   0 hours  0 minutes  0 seconds (0 seconds)
  Render Time:   0 hours  0 minutes  0 seconds (0 seconds)
  Total Time:    0 hours  0 minutes  0 seconds (0 seconds)
CPU time used: kernel 0.01 seconds, user 0.01 seconds, total 0.02 seconds

POV-Ray finished

Post a reply to this message