POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:17:13 EDT (-0400)
  A question (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Anthony D  Baye
Subject: A question
Date: 17 Jun 2009 13:50:00
Message: <web.4a392bafc3d6106c231d6f4b0@news.povray.org>
I'm currently working on a project that will require a number of strategically
placed trees and other plants. The problem I'm having is that, though there are
a number of macros and utilities to create organics for import into POV, some
with very good results; the mesh objects, once imported, tend to interfere in
ghastly ways with my scene geometry.

Might it be possible, in some future version of POV to have parametrized
plant-life objects in the SDL itself?  I would very much like to place a tree
at a given location and have it grow at that spot without passing through local
objects.

I have some idea that this would not be an easy task, but an informed opinion
would be appreciated.

A.D.B.

Post a reply to this message