POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help With Outlook Express Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:13:16 EDT (-0400)
  Help With Outlook Express (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: EricG
Subject: Help With Outlook Express
Date: 8 May 2009 13:30:00
Message: <web.4a046b6cddd516b9e09b63aa0@news.povray.org>
Okay, I know it's not a POV-Ray question, but I did read the FAQ, and the
tutorial for Outlook Express didn't work for me.  I need a little help.

I followed the tutorial up to the point where I added news.povray.org to my list
and attempted to subscribe to various groups.  After a few seconds, I was
presented with the message "Unable to Connect to Server".  No additional
information.  I tried all kinds of changes, but nothing helped.

I am trying to connect from my work location, behind a corporate firewall, using
Outlook express.  I am able to connect to other newsgroups out there (such as
Microsoft) without problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Eric

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 08 May 2009 13:27:08 -0400, EricG wrote:

> I am trying to connect from my work location, behind a corporate
> firewall, using Outlook express.  I am able to connect to other
> newsgroups out there (such as Microsoft) without problem.
>
> Any suggestions?

From your workstation, what happens if you open a command prompt and
enter:

telnet news.povray.org 119

?

Jim

Post a reply to this message

Could not open connection to the host, on port 119: Connect failed

That's it

> On Fri, 08 May 2009 13:27:08 -0400, EricG wrote:
>
> > I am trying to connect from my work location, behind a corporate
> > firewall, using Outlook express.  I am able to connect to other
> > newsgroups out there (such as Microsoft) without problem.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
>
> From your workstation, what happens if you open a command prompt and
> enter:
>
> telnet news.povray.org 119