POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Automatic breaking of edges? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:32:15 EDT (-0400)
  Automatic breaking of edges? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: joe
Subject: Automatic breaking of edges?
Date: 14 Mar 2009 00:00:00
Message: <web.49bb2b0654e60e5c95f7ce5b0@news.povray.org>
As a machinist, when we make a part, we are often asked to "break" edges with a
certain radius.  This makes edges somewhat smoother without altering the shape
to a large degree.  Say if I made a 1" cube out of steel, each edge might have
a .030 radius.  No longer sharp edges but yet still a 1" cube.  If I create a
box in povray the edges are very sharp.  Can a radius be applied automatically
to edges?  It is very tedious to create radius edges in code even for a simple
shape.

Post a reply to this message

> box in povray the edges are very sharp.  Can a radius be applied
> automatically

There's the f_rounded_box of functions.inc but if you're asking about more
than just box-like shapes somebody else might have other ideas.

Bob H.

Post a reply to this message