POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : transparent sphere with image_map on surface Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:26:09 EDT (-0400)
  transparent sphere with image_map on surface (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Massimo
Subject: transparent sphere with image_map on surface
Date: 11 Mar 2009 13:45:01
Message: <web.49b7f7791f4f45d54bd662900@news.povray.org>
Hello all POV experts
I'm a new user and wold like to create a "glass" sphere with an image on the
surface.
Wandering here and there and reading the documentation, I succeeded in creating
the below added code. It would be nice, apart from the reflection of the bitmap
to the back of the inner surface giving unwanted reflections.
You see I added two image_maps on the front and on the back, shifted 180 deg. to
see in transparency the back of the bitmap on the other side.
Reflection are a catastrophe!!!! What couuld I do? any suggestion?
Thank You
Massimo

Attached the code I used

#include "colors.inc"
#include "skies.inc"

sky_sphere { S_Cloud3 }

camera {
  location <0, 2, -5>
  look_at <0,0, 0>
}

light_source {
  <0, -12, 10>
  color White
  shadowless
  }
light_source {
  <0, 0, -10>
  color White
  shadowless
  }

sphere{ <0,0,0>, 1
  texture{ pigment { color rgbf <0.9, 0.9, 0.9, 0.8> } // transparent sphere
  finish {
        reflection 0.2
        refraction 1.0
        ior 1