POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Gaussian wave packet Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:27:39 EDT (-0400)
  Gaussian wave packet (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: INVALID ADDRESS
Subject: Gaussian wave packet
Date: 28 Jan 2009 16:25:00
Message: <web.4980cd23f21fd1ef74dfec950@news.povray.org>
Hi,
    Does anybody know how to generate a Gaussian wave packet from povray?

Thanks.

--
cheers,

Peter "Excalibur"

Post a reply to this message

From: stbenge
Subject: Re: Gaussian wave packet
Date: 4 Feb 2009 02:08:19
Message: <49893ee3$1@news.povray.org>
"Peter" wrote:
> Hi,
>     Does anybody know how to generate a Gaussian wave packet from povray?
>
> Thanks.

This doesn't look like a trivial undertaking. You will have to code the
entire thing yourself. I can make a rough approximation (highly
inaccurate), but you are probably looking for the real deal. There are
some people on this server claiming to know about quantum mechanics,
where have they gone? Try asking this question in p.off-topic. Maybe
you'll get their attention.

Sam

Post a reply to this message