POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Setting colour of objects through transmittance/absorbance spectra Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:27:05 EDT (-0400)
  Setting colour of objects through transmittance/absorbance spectra (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: epidot
Subject: Setting colour of objects through transmittance/absorbance spectra
Date: 26 Jan 2009 07:50:00
Message: <web.497db0eab8fc164ce25906de0@news.povray.org>
I wonder if it is possible to use the transmittance/absorbance spectra of a
liquid in povray? I've got some data for some liquids that I would like
rendered.

Also ... is there a way to use standard illuminants, such as d65, C etc?

Thanks for your help

Post a reply to this message

> I wonder if it is possible to use the transmittance/absorbance spectra of a
> liquid in povray? I've got some data for some liquids that I would like
> rendered.
>
> Also ... is there a way to use standard illuminants, such as d65, C etc?

Not internally managed by POV-Ray, but perhaps these CIE includes can be
useful for what you want:

http://www.ignorancia.org/en/index.php?page=Lightsys

Regards,

--