POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Panorama 360 degree Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:23:03 EDT (-0400)
  Panorama 360 degree (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: AlpVir
Subject: Panorama 360 degree
Date: 3 Jan 2009 09:50:01
Message: <web.495f7a8048f313696d01541a0@news.povray.org>
I am looking for a way to create, from a file DEM (W020N90.DEM for example), a
360-degree panorama seen from a point of Lt Latitude (degree), Lg longitude
(degree) and H height (meter).
I saw that perhaps POV-ray has this possibility, but I do not know how I act as
an absolute beginner in this program.
The end result should be an image similar to that found at the link
www.lalpinistavirtuale.it/Panorami/img/example.jpg.
Thanks for your attention.
AlpVir

Post a reply to this message

> I am looking for a way to create, from a file DEM (W020N90.DEM for example), a
> 360-degree panorama seen from a point of Lt Latitude (degree), Lg longitude
> (degree) and H height (meter).
> I saw that perhaps POV-ray has this possibility, but I do not know how I act as
> an absolute beginner in this program.
> The end result should be an image similar to that found at the link
> www.lalpinistavirtuale.it/Panorami/img/example.jpg.
> Thanks for your attention.

  This should get you started:

camera
{ spherical
  location <0, 0, 0>
  look_at <0, 0, 1>
  angle 360
}

light_source { <1000, 5000, -500>, 1 }

sky_sphere
{ pigment
  { gradient y color_map
    { [0 rgb 1]
      [.5 rgb z]
    }
  }
}

// Some cylinders to mark the four compass directions:
cylinder { -y*5, y*5, .1 pigment { rgb x } translate z } // north
cylinder { -y*5, y*5, .1 pigment { rgb y } translate -z } // south
cylinder { -y*5, y*5, .1 pigment { rgb z } translate -x } // west
cylinder { -y*5, y*5, .1 pigment { rgb x+y } translate x } // east

// An example heightfield:
#include "functions.inc"

height_field
{ function 200, 200 { f_noise3d(x*10, y*10, z*10) }
  pigment { rgb <1, .6, .2> }
  translate <-.5, -.8, -.5>
  scale <100, 10, 100>
}

Post a reply to this message

You may have look at the cylindrical projection camera
http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/247/

Marc

web.495f7a8048f313696d01541a0@news.povray.org...
>I am looking for a way to create, from a file DEM (W020N90.DEM for
>example), a
> 360-degree panorama seen from a point of Lt Latitude (degree), Lg
> longitude
> (degree) and H height (meter).
> I saw that perhaps POV-ray has this possibility, but I do not know how I
> act as
> an absolute beginner in this program.
> The end result should be an image similar to that found at the link
> www.lalpinistavirtuale.it/Panorami/img/example.jpg.
> Thanks for your attention.
> AlpVir

Post a reply to this message

> cylinder { -y*5, y*5, .1 pigment { rgb x } translate z } // north
> cylinder { -y*5, y*5, .1 pigment { rgb y } translate -z } // south
> cylinder { -y*5, y*5, .1 pigment { rgb z } translate -x } // west
> cylinder { -y*5, y*5, .1 pigment { rgb x+y } translate x } // east

"rgb x" - uh, not so very readable for beginners ;)

Post a reply to this message

Warp nous illumina en ce 2009-01-03 10:20 -->
> AlpVir <ugo### [at] liberoit> wrote:
>> I am looking for a way to create, from a file DEM (W020N90.DEM for example), a
>> 360-degree panorama seen from a point of Lt Latitude (degree), Lg longitude
>> (degree) and H height (meter).
>> I saw that perhaps POV-ray has this possibility, but I do not know how I act as
>> an absolute beginner in this program.
>> The end result should be an image similar to that found at the link
>> www.lalpinistavirtuale.it/Panorami/img/example.jpg.
>> Thanks for your attention.
>
>   This should get you started:
>

> camera
> { spherical
>   location <0, 0, 0>
>   look_at <0, 0, 1>
>   angle 360
> }
>
> light_source { <1000, 5000, -500>, 1 }
>
> sky_sphere
> { pigment
>   { gradient y color_map
>     { [0 rgb 1]
>       [.5 rgb z]
>     }
>   }
> }
>
> // Some cylinders to mark the four compass directions:
> cylinder { -y*5, y*5, .1 pigment { rgb x } translate z } // north
> cylinder { -y*5, y*5, .1 pigment { rgb y } translate -z } // south
> cylinder { -y*5, y*5, .1 pigment { rgb z } translate -x } // west
> cylinder { -y*5, y*5, .1 pigment { rgb x+y } translate x } // east
>
> // An example heightfield:
> #include "functions.inc"
>
> height_field
> { function 200, 200 { f_noise3d(x*10, y*10, z*10) }
>   pigment { rgb <1, .6, .2> }
>   translate <-.5, -.8, -.5>
>   scale <100, 10, 100>
> }
For a beginner, you should have writen it with:
#include "colors.inc"
and use Red in place of x, Green inplace of y, Blue in place of z and Yellow in
place of x+y.

For any veterant, it's obvious, but not for begginers or most casual Povers.

--
Alain
EVERYTHING HAS A GENDER

You may not know this but many nonliving things have a gender...

A Web Page is Female, because it's always getting hit on.

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 3 Jan 2009 19:11:49
Message: <495ffec5@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> For a beginner, you should have writen it with:
> #include "colors.inc"
> and use Red in place of x, Green inplace of y, Blue in place of z and Yellow in
> place of x+y.

> For any veterant, it's obvious, but not for begginers or most casual Povers.

  Those cylinders were not really the point of the example code, so I didn't
think it matters that much. The real beef was the camera definition.

  But I'll make sure next time I won't use shortcuts... :P

--
                                                          - Warp