POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blurred light reflections Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:23:34 EDT (-0400)
  Blurred light reflections (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: robinmckenzie
Subject: Blurred light reflections
Date: 4 Dec 2008 16:25:00
Message: <web.49384a32bd724263b246acf00@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to recreate this awesome scene:

http://darkaan.deviantart.com/art/Light-Balls-v-2-1680x1050-67946500

Any ideas on how to reproduce the blurred light relections / (phongs?) without
taking years to render would be appreciated.

I've modelled with a light source within each ball, but this is highly
processor-intensive, prob due to the large number of light sources.  Is there
any other way to acheive the effect?

Thanks,

Robin

Post a reply to this message