POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Post_Frame_Command Problem Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:16:27 EDT (-0400)
  Post_Frame_Command Problem (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: geep999
Subject: Post_Frame_Command Problem
Date: 29 Nov 2008 17:55:01
Message: <web.4931c712dd11dd4a7fe8cbf40@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Problems with "Post_Frame_Command=" on Slackware Linux, Povray 3.6.
The command I'm running is: povray myfile.ini

I have tried various Post_Frame_Commands - see below for my .ini file.
Not one of them works. No errors, nothing!

But when I add Post_Frame_Return=F to the .ini file I get:
0:00:01 Performing post-frame shell-out command
Shutdown Warning: Shellout not allowed under your configuration.
Shutdown Error: Fatal error returned from shellout command.

Can anybody give me a clue as to how I configure Povray to allow Shellout?

Apart from this problem my animated scene renders fine.

Cheers,

Peter

myfile.ini:
Input_File_Name=eg2d2.anim.pov
+kff20
+W720 +H576
+O
Post_Frame_Command=convert -flop %o flop.png
Post_Frame_Return=F
;Post_Frame_Command="convert -flop %o flop.png"
;Post_Frame_Command=convert -flop %o flop.png
;Post_Frame_Command="convert -flop eg2d2.anim01.png flop.png"
;Post_Frame_Command=convert -flop eg2d2.anim01.png flop.png
;Post_Frame_Command="echo 'Hello World'"
;Post_Frame_Command=echo 'Hello World'

Post a reply to this message

have a look at the system wide povray.conf file.
On my debian system it is here /usr/local/etc/povray/3.6/povray.conf

There is a section for shellout. By default shellout is forbidden and you'll see the
errors you reported.
Change it to the following to allow shellout:

[Shellout Security]
allowed
;forbidden

geep999 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Problems with "Post_Frame_Command=" on Slackware Linux, Povray 3.6.
> The command I'm running is: povray myfile.ini
>
> I have tried various Post_Frame_Commands - see below for my .ini file.
> Not one of them works. No errors, nothing!
>
> But when I add Post_Frame_Return=F to the .ini file I get:
> 0:00:01 Performing post-frame shell-out command
> Shutdown Warning: Shellout not allowed under your configuration.
> Shutdown Error: Fatal error returned from shellout command.
>
> Can anybody give me a clue as to how I configure Povray to allow Shellout?
>
> Apart from this problem my animated scene renders fine.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Peter
>
> myfile.ini:
> Input_File_Name=eg2d2.anim.pov
> +kff20
> +W720 +H576
> +O
> Post_Frame_Command=convert -flop %o flop.png
> Post_Frame_Return=F
> ;Post_Frame_Command="convert -flop %o flop.png"
> ;Post_Frame_Command=convert -flop %o flop.png
> ;Post_Frame_Command="convert -flop eg2d2.anim01.png flop.png"
> ;Post_Frame_Command=convert -flop eg2d2.anim01.png flop.png
> ;Post_Frame_Command="echo 'Hello World'"
> ;Post_Frame_Command=echo 'Hello World'

Post a reply to this message

> have a look at the system wide povray.conf file.
> On my debian system it is here /usr/local/etc/povray/3.6/povray.conf
Thanks Joerg. All works fine now.
Cheers, Peter