POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Quick newbie question... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:19:53 EDT (-0400)
  Quick newbie question... (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Chris LeSueur
Subject: Quick newbie question...
Date: 28 Nov 2008 04:15:00
Message: <web.492fb573b810deb2e6c849cb0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Just got started and working through a very basic tutorial...

I downloaded MegaPOV and coded a small scene, however when i have gone to render
the scene it cannot find the inculde files... Do i have to download these as
additionals? I tried pointing it at the folders that were installed with the
program but cant locate it.

Its color.inc and stones.inc that I need.

Ive tried to read-up about locating the library ect but im not sure ive actually
got the inculde files that i need.

Any advice?

Thanks

Chris

Post a reply to this message

> Just got started and working through a very basic tutorial...
>
> I downloaded MegaPOV and coded a small scene, however when i have gone to
> render
> the scene it cannot find the inculde files... Do i have to download these
> as
> additionals? I tried pointing it at the folders that were installed with
> the
> program but cant locate it.
>
> Its color.inc and stones.inc that I need.
>
> Ive tried to read-up about locating the library ect but im not sure ive
> actually
> got the inculde files that i need.
>
> Any advice?
Those files are part of the standard POV 3.6 distribution,
if they got left out of the MegaPOV distribution, just get them
from there.
In your povray.ini file there should be a line...
Library_Path="pov_directory\include"
where pov_directory is the drive and path of the main
POV install.

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris LeSueur
Date: 28 Nov 2008 05:05:01
Message: <web.492fc1972aa741ace6c849cb0@news.povray.org>
thanks very much, ill give that a try later...

Chris