POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Beethoven Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:12:34 EDT (-0400)
  Beethoven (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: David Kraics
Subject: Beethoven
Date: 8 Nov 2008 10:50:01
Message: <web.4915b4a3efa0a1e3d1b119da0@news.povray.org>
Hello all. While browsing my harddrive looking for some old objects to add to a
bedroom I am crafting, I ran into the old "Raytracing Worlds" files. Feeling a
bit nostalgic, I tried to render the beethoven file and ran into an error.
seems the "beethove.inc" file is missing. Does anyone have that? I have the
other files including the .OBJ file.

Post a reply to this message

> Hello all. While browsing my harddrive looking for some old objects to add
> to a
> bedroom I am crafting, I ran into the old "Raytracing Worlds" files.
> Feeling a
> bit nostalgic, I tried to render the beethoven file and ran into an error.
> seems the "beethove.inc" file is missing. Does anyone have that? I have
> the
> other files including the .OBJ file.

Hi,
As written in the book, you should use 2 MS-DOS utilities to get the .inc
file (VP2RAW converts OBJ to RAW, RAW2POV converts RAW to INC)
Command line sequence:
C:> vp2raw beethove
C:> raw2pov beethove
These utilities should be included with the book, but you should find them
easily on the Net with Google.

Xavier

Post a reply to this message