POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Does anyone still have SMPOV 4.4? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:10:20 EDT (-0400)
  Does anyone still have SMPOV 4.4? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Bridgeofstraws
Subject: Does anyone still have SMPOV 4.4?
Date: 2 Nov 2008 15:20:01
Message: <web.490e0ac27087f06926ba04860@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I recently started looking at possible network rendering solutions for POV-Ray
and came across SMPOV.  I tried out the latest release (SMPOV 4.6 distro 3) but
could not get it to work.  My guess is it is due to me not having officially
installed POV-Ray and thus I don`t have a registry entry pointing to my
installation.  I would prefer not to have to officially install pov-ray because
I would have to do this on quite a few computers.  I found this link:
http://news.povray.org/povray.news-submissions/thread/%3C4225f9b6%241%40news.povray.org%3E
which seemed to say that SMPOV version 4.4 had a fix to this, which I`m guessing
was removed in the latest release.  So I was basically wondering if anyone still
has SMPOV 4.4 and whether they might be able to post it here.  Or if this isn`t
possible, if anyone has any advice.  Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Bridgeofstraws

Post a reply to this message

"Bridgeofstraws" <bri### [at] inboxcom> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently started looking at possible network rendering solutions for POV-Ray
> and came across SMPOV.  I tried out the latest release (SMPOV 4.6 distro 3) but
> could not get it to work.  My guess is it is due to me not having officially
> installed POV-Ray and thus I don`t have a registry entry pointing to my
> installation.  I would prefer not to have to officially install pov-ray because
> I would have to do this on quite a few computers.  I found this link:

http://news.povray.org/povray.news-submissions/thread/%3C4225f9b6%241%40news.povray.org%3E
> which seemed to say that SMPOV version 4.4 had a fix to this, which I`m guessing
> was removed in the latest release.  So I was basically wondering if anyone still
> has SMPOV 4.4 and whether they might be able to post it here.  Or if this isn`t
> possible, if anyone has any advice.  Any help is appreciated, thank you.
>
> Bridgeofstraws

I figured out that I could create the registry entry that SMPOV required
manually in "regedit".  For those interested the registry file SMPOV looks at
is in the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\POV-Ray\v3.6\Windows" directory and is
called "Home".  All I did once I created this registry key was export it and
then I ran the .reg file it created on all the computers that POV-Ray was on.

Bridgeofstraws