POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Broken link in 'converters' page Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:09:57 EDT (-0400)
  Broken link in 'converters' page (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: John Pye
Subject: Broken link in 'converters' page
Date: 24 Sep 2008 00:05:01
Message: <web.48d9bb4f2924f0416fd0facd0@news.povray.org>
Hi all

There is a broken link to the program 'Crossroads', listed here:
http://www.povray.org/resources/links/3D_Programs/Conversion_Utilities/

If there's somewhere else that program can be obtained, perhaps it could be
updated on that page?

Cheers
JP

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Attwood
Subject: Re: Broken link in 'converters' page
Date: 24 Sep 2008 17:33:22
Message: <48dab222$1@news.povray.org>
> There is a broken link to the program 'Crossroads', listed here:
> http://www.povray.org/resources/links/3D_Programs/Conversion_Utilities/
>
> If there's somewhere else that program can be obtained, perhaps it could
> be
> updated on that page?

I think that Crossroads hasn't been maintained since POV 3.1,
but I'm not entirely sure. Most people use the PoseRay converter now.
Crossroads was written by Keith Rule, you might read his book
"3D Graphics File Formats"
http://www.amazon.com/Graphics-File-Formats-Programmers-Reference/dp/0201488353
if you have an intrest in the underlying code.

Povray.org really could use a good way to keep dead links
separate from active ones, but the dead links are kept for
history and archival purposes.