POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Low Memory Footprint Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:16:20 EDT (-0400)
  Low Memory Footprint (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: ChamanSingh
Subject: Low Memory Footprint
Date: 5 Aug 2008 06:40:00
Message: <web.48982d491b7d5971b5cc26d30@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I have very large triangulated surface mesh and it seems that PovRay
allocate large memory during calculation. Isn't ray tracing is an
embarassingly parallel procedure ? Therefore, I was wondering if it
is possible to have low memory footprint version of PovRay where
performance is not the most important criteria.

I will also appreciate if someone gives some links to a Multi-Core
implementation of PovRay.

Thanks.

With regards.

Chaman Singh Verma